Our biokinetics team are exercise specialists aiming to increase our client’s quality of life through conducting comprehensive physical assessments and prescribing individualized health and exercise programmes.
- prescribing exercise programmes for complex neurological and orthopaedic conditions
- blood flow restriction training
- neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- electromyography testing
- biofeedback training
- body-weight supported training
- suspension therapy
- vibration therapy
- sport specific conditioning
- discovery vitality health assessments
Our occupational therapy team strives to maximise our client’s participation and independence in their daily occupations by rehabilitating lost function, enhancing skills, or adapting the activities or the client’s environment.
- cognitive therapy
- visual perceptual and sensory training
- hand rehabilitation and splinting
- functional capacity evaluations for insurers
- home assessments and adaptations
- work assessments and adaptations
- work hardening
- preparation for return to driving
- recommendations on assistive devices
- caregiver training
Our physiotherapy team combines a range of exercises and health modalities in their treatment to restore and enhance the client’s mobility, help with pain management and assist with community reintegration.
- education on the condition
- movement and exercise training
- soft tissue and manual therapy
- dry needling
- pain management
- gait training
- wheelchairs seating
- equipment (walking devices, etc)
Speech and Language Therapy
Our Speech and Language therapists use a range of assessments and tools to identify and treat problems with swallowing, speech, thinking skills and language.
- swallow and speech assessments
- cognitive training to enhance communication and language skills
- developing social communication skills
- oral-motor strengthening exercises
- breathing exercises for resonance
Clinical Psychology involves the assessment, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of psychological mental health disorders, while Neuropsychology is concerned with the assessment, diagnosis, evaluation and rehabilitation of individuals with neurological problems.
- Clinical psychological assessment and psychotherapy
- Neuropsychological assessment and therapeutic interventions
Hydrotherapy or aquatherapy involves performing exercise within a heated pool. The combination of warm water and weightlessness is unique and provides a multitude of benefits for patients with neurologic and musculoskeletal conditions. Benefits include pain and swelling reduction, increased mobility, decreased pain, improved muscle activity and relaxation.
- Biokinetics at our Pinelands & Rondebosch Pools
- Physiotherapy at our Pinelands & Rondebosch Pools
Send us a message